S.T.A.R.S. - Students That Are Ready for Success
All students can succeed when provided with the right atmosphere to meet their needs. It is our job as teachers and parents to provide an atmosphere that will assist all students to realize and meet their God given talents.
Goals of the S.T.A.R.S. Program
- Identify and meet the needs of individual students
- Assist teachers in developing specific behavioral intervention plans within their classroom.
- Educate staff, faculty and student body on the learning differences at Roncalli High School in order to foster an understanding and acceptance of disabilities
- Provide in-service opportunities for teachers regarding learning disabilities
- Guide students towards the development of good study and organizational skills≤/li>
- Assist in the development of lesson plans that accommodate the diversified learning population at Roncalli High School
- Help the S.T.A.R.S. students become participating members of the Roncalli family through the development of social skills needed in daily life
- To provide the S.T.A.R.S. students with the skills necessary to live an independent and productive life after high school
[Download Information brochure about the S.T.A.R.S. program](http://www.roncalli.org/academics/stars-flyer.pdf "Download PDF Brochure")
S.T.A.R.S. Program is looking for volunteers to:
- Serve on the parent organization/support group
- Read tests and finals
- List students on computers for tutorial programs
- Work 1-2 hours in the resource room
- Serve on the advisory board for the program
If you are interested in finding out more information or volunteering, please contact Pat Musgrave, email@example.com, David Lauck, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Michelle Roberts, email@example.com.
No events were found.View General Calendar
No events were found.View Athletics Calendar
No events were found.View Service Calendar
No events were found.View Co-curriculars Calendar
No events were found.View Fine Arts Calendar